Saturday 29 June 2019
Limited to 16 attendees
The Warehouse Geelong, 5 Little Ryrie Street , GeelongCome and join myself and Sarah from Botanica Fresh Flowers for an insightful floristry workshop at The Warehouse Geelong where we will explain while demonstrating how we create our bouquets, from concept through to the techniques we use to create them. We will have an open conversation while demonstrating bouquet techniques where you will have the opportunity to pick our brains about our processes, techniques or any other burning questions you might have about the wedding industry or flowers. We will then guide you to create your own stunning bouquet.
- how we select colour palettes – including how we create mood boards, how we tie in the colours of the florals to suit the theme of the event, as well as the techniques we use for colour blocking and ombre effects;
- how to choose varieties - including what we do and don't like to work with, where we purchase our flowers, when we purchase them, we will touch on costings and why we charge what we do;
- how to create textural bouquets - by using varieties that complement each other but also contrast in terms of size and colour;
- some of our personal tips and tricks - how to form the shape of our romantic style of bouquets, grouping colours, placement of flowers and the order in which we arrange them (base flowers, focal flowers, secondary flowers, floating flowers), bouquets with and without foliage.
- Beautiful selection of flowers and foliage
- Bouquet arranging demonstrations
- Guidance while arranging your own bouquet
- Open discussion about topics mentioned above including a Q&A session - Sarah and I are always up for an open and honest conversation about the floristry industry
- Light lunch and refreshments
- Photos of your creation which will be sent to you after the workshop
Ticket price is $350 per person.
** Closed toe shoes must be worn.